University of Lethbridge
Gregg Cairns has been a successful technology consultant and solution architect in Calgary over the past 25 years spearheading dozens of projects for many of the top energy companies. In the past 15 years, Gregg has played a pivotal role in large scale multi-million dollar ERP implementations, capital cost management systems and data migrations for companies like ARCO, Kinder Morgan Canada, InterPipeline, and Williams Canada. In addition, to his work in the energy sector, Gregg has also completed projects ranging from air traffic control for NavCanada, Internet site design and implementation for Calgary Airport Authority, to an enterprise wide technology revamp of a major Canadian insurance company, Sovereign General Insurance. In 2020, Gregg joined forces with the talented team of innovators at Alpaca Systems Ltd. to build leading edge manufacturing systems and technologies.
- Dynamics Navision and Maximo data integration solution architect for large scale SAP implementation at InterPipeline.
- Project Manager and lead technical consultant on large scale ERP data migration for Williams Canada.
- Capital Cost Control Solution Architect for Kinder Morgan Canada.
- Founded and ran a 30-person technology company with offices in Calgary, AB, Irvine, CA, and Houston, TX which operated for 10 years.
During this period, some of the key projects completed were:
- Successful implementation of $5M pipeline management system for ARCO, delivered on time and under budget
- Designed, built, and managed a 3 year $2.5M project to automate ground aircraft control for Transport Canada/Nav Canada. Solution has now been deployed all over the world, NavCanStrips (it was called EXCDS – Extended Computer Display System) https://navcanatm.ca/navcansuite/
- Completed successful ground up build of a intranet/internet solution for Calgary Airport Authority (calgaryairport.com). Project involved entire airport management staff, after successful implementation the solution was also sold to YVR (Vancouver).
- Completed an enterprise wide technology upgrade for Riley’s Reproductions over an 18-month period.
- Architected and lead a technology team that completely revamped and consolidated all of the information technology systems at Sovereign General Insurance
Tony joined Alpaca Systems possessing over 25 years of experience as a finance and operations professional in the software industry and a key contributor to the success of several companies in Canada and the United States. Most recently, Tony served as the VP of Finance for SeisWare International Inc., a geophysical and geological data interpretation software developer & vendor, overseeing finance operations in Calgary, AB and Houston, TX. Previously, Tony served as the Controller for Fekete Associates Inc., a world leader in petroleum engineering software, and the Fekete Energy Technical Group of IHS Global Canada Limited from 2003 to 2015, overseeing finance operations in Calgary and Houston. Tony was also instrumental in numerous software acquisitions in Australia, South America, India, the UK, and China.
- Successfully implemented Microsoft Dynamics NAV into Houston operations
- Created and successfully implemented three transfer pricing regimes between Canada & the United States with specific expertise in Alberta & Texas
- Served as the M&A lead on the acquisition of Fekete Associates Inc. by IHS Global Canada Ltd. In 2013
- Advanced SRED knowledge spanning 18 years
- Proficiency in Valuations
- Party to several M&A initiatives
- Execution of a Debt-to-Equity transaction
Grant Kanwischer has built a successful 30 year career in the fields of business and software analysis, the development of custom software solutions spanning Oil and Gas, Retail, Banking, Manufacturing, and Service Management. 20 of Grant’s years have been primarily focused on ERP implementations of Microsoft Dynamics NAV spanning a diverse set of business challenges across multiple industries. Over this time Grant spent 13 years as development manager for one of Canada’s first and largest Canadian NAV resellers, responsible for overseeing all development activities from analysis to design and support. Grant was instrumental for a team that grew the company 7 times during his tenure. Grant designed, developed, documented and supported multiple instrumental Microsoft Dynamics NAV add-ons that are still being actively sold including field ticketing to EFT and Advanced AP management solutions.
- 2 years as Senior NAV ERP Business Analyst at prominent oilfield drilling, service and supply company. Managing processes, requirements, and architecting business solutions.
- Project Manager for heavily customized NAV upgrade of multi-branch big-box retail electronics store.
- 4 years as Business analyst and onsite NAV ERP enhancements, development and support for a major petroleum transportation, storage and natural gas liquids processing business. Including bi-directional
- Interfaces between various software applications, implementing EFT, and assimilating a major company acquisition into Nav via SQL and custom development.
- Spent 3 years as a business analyst and contract development resource for NAV resellers in the US and Canada.
- Managed a 9-person development team responsible for all development, technical and QA, analysis, design and support.
Lead developer and implementor
BSc, Computer Science
University of Calgary